GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR VISA, PASSPORT AND OTHER CONSULAR SERVICES
1. Application forms are accepted on all working days, in the morning, between 1000 hours to 1200 hours and collection time is between 1500 hours to 1600 hours on the day indicated.
2. Processing time for visa to Filipino and Permanent residents is 5 working days, but may be extended if so required - please check on exact day for collection when you submit the application.
3. In case of non-Filipino passport holders, time taken to process visa is 6 working days.
4. In case service is requested on account of emergency, extra charges are levied.
5. Fees and other charges are to be paid in Philippine Peso only in the Embassy of India’s METROBANK Account. The Embassy has no facilities for changing currency.
6. Passport for visa should have validity of minimum of six months and should have enough blank pages.
7. Please ensure that your application is in the prescribed format and properly filled in and is accompanied by all required documentation, including the required number of photographs where necessary. Ensure that signatures are affixed wherever required, especially in the two signature boxes on the last page of the passport application form.
8. Please ensure that your contact number is on the application form so that we can call you in case any clarification is required.
9. Please double-check the spelling of your name, dates etc in the passport/visa or other documents carefully at the time of collection. Despite our best efforts mistakes do happen. This could lead to unintended hardship for applicants.
10. All passport, visa and consular services are discretionary and can be refused, especially where there is suspicion of foul play or misrepresentation of any kind. Furnishing false particulars or attempting to obtain a passport fraudulently is punishable under the Indian Passport Act and can lead to imprisonment and withdrawal of passport facilities.
1. Out-of-turn passport is issued under Taktal Scheme. Types of services and Fees may be seen under Passport Services.
2. Machine Readable Passports have been introduced by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India. Passport will be printed in the Ministry, New Delhi and couriered to this Embassy. Passports will be delivered as per the delivery schedule mentioned under Passport services.
3. Registration of children eligible for Indian nationality:
a. For a child born in the Philippines, Federated States of Micronesia and Republic of Palau to be registered as an Indian citizen, the application must be made within one (1)
year of the child's birth in the prescribed form. In case the child is above one (1) year, the case will be referred to the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India for clearance. Birth will be registered and Indian passport issued on receipt of clearance.
b. An affidavit to be submitted by the parents stating the reason why the child was not registered within one year of birth and the child has not acquired citizenship of any foreign country. If one of the parents is a foreign national, parents will produce a letter from the Department of Foreign Affairs confirming that the child has not acquired citizenship of that country. Embassy (Consular Section) may be consulted for additional application requirements.
4. Foreign nationals with less than two (2) years of residence in the Philippines must apply for business and employment visa in the country of their origin.
Payments of fees:
In order to make the consular process simpler and convenient for the applicants, the fee for different consular services, henceforth, could be deposited directly into the Embassy of India’s METROBANK Account. Hence forth, NO cash fee of any kind would be paid/deposited at the Embassy for any consular service with effect from 1 April 2021.
Please read the following advisory for payment
ADDRESS OF EMBASSY’S CONSULAR & VISA OFFICE:
Unit 2702, 27th Floor, One World Place, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634, Metro Manila
TIMINGS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS/DOCUMENTS 1000 hrs - 1200 hrs (No appointment needed)
TIMINGS FOR COLLECTION OF DOCUMENTS
1500 hrs - 1600 hrs